- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
SHOW BITS: Affleck happy with what he’s got
Question of the Day
As the announcer shouted out that it was time to clear the red carpet and get inside for the Golden Globes show, Anne Hathaway managed to quickly sign her name to a fan’s autograph book.
George Clooney and his fan weren’t so lucky.
The fan-friendly actor was heading toward the bleacher crowd before he was ushered inside just in time for cameras to roll.
_ Anthony McCartney _ Twitter http://www.twitter.com/mccartneyAP
A tube of lip gloss, some mascara, an iPhone and her driver’s number.
That’s all Megan Hilty of “Smash” was carrying in her golden clutch at this year’s Golden Globes.
Tina Fey and Amy Poehler had even less in their itty-bitty purses. They were empty.
The ceremony’s co-hosts whipped them open and held them upside down on the red carpet for the “Today” show co-hosts before heading inside to prove nothing was weighing them down Sunday.
_ Derrik J. Lang _ Twitter http://www.twitter.com/derrikjlang
He is Bond after all. He has to look cool. Even when it’s cold.
With the sun going down and temperatures dropping, Daniel Craig strolled down the Golden Globes red carpet still wearing his sunglasses.
As fans shouted his name, the man who plays James Bond turned to the crowd and waved, flashbulbs flashing in his face and reflecting off his shades.
TWT Video Picks
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Calif. dolls were meant to spread cheer, not chill
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq