- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
SHOW BITS: It’s after-party time
Question of the Day
“Can Tina and Amy host everything?” one user asked.
Their fellow “Saturday Night Live” alums Kristin Wiig and Will Ferrill also began trending after their bit presenting the award for lead actress in a motion picture comedy or musical.
The pair inaccurately recapped each of the nominee’s films, and when they mentioned Meryl Streep the camera panned to her “Hope Springs” co-star Tommy Lee Jones, who wasn’t laughing.
Soon Jones became a trending topic on Twitter and a clip of the moment went viral.
Viewers also took to social media to lament Daniel Day-Lewis getting the “wrap it up” music during his acceptance speech for the lead actor award.
They called the “Lincoln” actor a living legend who does not deserve to be played off the stage.
Twitter users may also have a longer memory than one might imagine.
“Homeland” is one of the most popular shows on TV, but when Damien Lewis took to the stage to accept his Golden Globe it reminded many of his performance in the HBO miniseries “Band of Brothers.” That became a trending topic too.
_ Alicia Rancilio _ Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/aliciar
QUICKQUOTE: “I’m really grateful. We got nominated for seven Oscars, including best picture. I was thrilled. I mean, if you can’t be happy with that, your prospects for long-term happiness are probably pretty dim.” _ Ben Affleck, addressing whether he was upset that he wasn’t nominated for an Academy Award for best director, an award he won at Sunday’s Golden Globes.
_ Anthony McCartney_ Twitter http://www.twitter.com/mccartneyAP
QUICKQUOTE: “How will we celebrate? I’m Australian, c’mon.” _ Hugh Jackman after winning an acting Golden Globe for “Les Miserables,” which also won the award for best musical.
TWT Video Picks
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq