- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
SHOW BITS: It’s after-party time
_ Anthony McCartney _ Twitter http://www.twitter.com/mccartneyAP
Quentin Tarantino, who delves into Deep South history in his revenge saga “Django Unchained,” says slavery continues in the United States after the Civil War. It has just taken on a different form.
“If you go to Malaysia, there’s sexual slavery going on in places like that, but I’m more concerned about the slavery that is going on in America,” Tarantino said backstage at Sunday’s Golden Globes. “The drug laws that have put so many black males in jail that wouldn’t have existed in the `70s, that is slavery. It is just straight up slavery as far as I’m concerned.”
Tarantino won the screenplay award at the Globes for “Django.”
_ Beth Harris _ Twitter http://www.twitter.com/bethharrisap
Shooting a musical with more than 200 actors, someone was bound to lose their voice.
For “Les Miserables,” that was Sacha Baron Cohen, and it caused a shutdown of production at one point.
“Only one man proved himself not to have the vocal stamina,” the film’s director, Tom Hooper, revealed at Sunday’s Golden Globes.
“Ladies and gentlemen, Sacha Baron Cohen.”
Baron Cohen’s reaction to the revelation: He bowed and curtseyed.
_ Anthony McCartney_ Twitter http://www.twitter.com/mccartneyAP
Don’t mess with Meryl.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.