- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror plotter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
- Libyan prime minister ousted by parliament
- Men’s Wearhouse to buy Jos A Bank for $1.8B
- Boston bomb squad destroys unattended pressure cooker: report
- Colorado rakes in $2 million from January’s marijuana sales
SHOW BITS: It’s after-party time
Toby Jones dropped a little scoop on the next chapter in “The Hunger Games” series.
“It’s obviously bigger and a different kind of film this time, more centered on the games themselves,” he said on the red carpet at the Golden Globes.
Jones was at the awards show as a nominee for best actor in a miniseries or movie for his performance as Alfred Hitchcock in HBO’s “The Girl.” He lost out to Kevin Costner.
The actor will reprise his role of Claudius Templesmith in “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire,” and of course Globe winner Jennifer Lawrence will be back as Katniss Everdeen.
_ Beth Harris _ Twitter http://www.twitter.com/bethharrisap
QUICKQUOTE: “NO! Hahahahahahaha” _ Adele, responding to a question about whether she expects to play a Bond girl now that she’s won a Golden Globe award for “Skyfall.”
_ Anthony McCartney_ Twitter http://www.twitter.com/mccartneyAP
QUICKQUOTE: “I’ll revisit that area because I like original story and I think that they are our Shakespeare in a sense. I never do Westerns for the shootouts. I always do them for the language.” _ Kevin Costner on whether he’ll do another Western project after winning a Golden Globe for his role on “Hatfields & McCoys.”
_ Anthony McCartney _ Twitter http://www.twitter.com/mccartneyAP
QUICKQUOTE: “Oh my God, what an exciting special guest: That was Hillary Clinton’s husband! _ Golden Globes co-host Amy Poehler after a special appearance by former President Bill Clinton.
_ Sandy Cohen _ Twitter http://www.twitter.com/apsandy
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- White House: Cronkite dead, Galifianakis will do
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Made in China: Materials on U.S. F-16 jets, B-1 bombers
- Intelligence chairwoman accuses CIA of intimidation, snooping on Congress
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Obama gets advance copies of 'Game of Thrones'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again