- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
SHOW BITS: It’s after-party time
Toby Jones dropped a little scoop on the next chapter in “The Hunger Games” series.
“It’s obviously bigger and a different kind of film this time, more centered on the games themselves,” he said on the red carpet at the Golden Globes.
Jones was at the awards show as a nominee for best actor in a miniseries or movie for his performance as Alfred Hitchcock in HBO’s “The Girl.” He lost out to Kevin Costner.
The actor will reprise his role of Claudius Templesmith in “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire,” and of course Globe winner Jennifer Lawrence will be back as Katniss Everdeen.
_ Beth Harris _ Twitter http://www.twitter.com/bethharrisap
QUICKQUOTE: “NO! Hahahahahahaha” _ Adele, responding to a question about whether she expects to play a Bond girl now that she’s won a Golden Globe award for “Skyfall.”
_ Anthony McCartney_ Twitter http://www.twitter.com/mccartneyAP
QUICKQUOTE: “I’ll revisit that area because I like original story and I think that they are our Shakespeare in a sense. I never do Westerns for the shootouts. I always do them for the language.” _ Kevin Costner on whether he’ll do another Western project after winning a Golden Globe for his role on “Hatfields & McCoys.”
_ Anthony McCartney _ Twitter http://www.twitter.com/mccartneyAP
QUICKQUOTE: “Oh my God, what an exciting special guest: That was Hillary Clinton’s husband! _ Golden Globes co-host Amy Poehler after a special appearance by former President Bill Clinton.
_ Sandy Cohen _ Twitter http://www.twitter.com/apsandy
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Obama tries to calm Israeli fears over Iranian nuke deal 'not based on trust'
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- EDITORIAL: Our ideological president
- Snow storm sucker punch: U.S. hit by winter wave
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- KEENE: Nelson Mandela's legacy
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
White House pets gone wild!