- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
- Landslide hits Indian village; 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Abortion kills many more than guns
Question of the Day
In 2011, there were reportedly 8,600 firearm killings in the United States. A number of these were committed in highly liberal strongholds such as Chicago, where there are gun controls in place.
Gun control is not the answer to the intentional infliction of harm in America. The political left, which clamors for still more gun control, is blind to the greatest tragedy in America involving the intentional infliction of death by human intent: abortion. In Roe v. Wade, we find a profound and lethal death trap to which the left wing in America steadfastly clings in the name of "choice." From 2009 to 2011, the average estimated annual number of abortions in the United States amounted to a staggering 1.2 million. Planned Parenthood performs about 300,000 of these abortions every year.
Before liberals focus on the creation of a gun-free utopia, they might wish to take a look at the mass killings by abortion that are intentionally inflicted under the guise of free will. Where does the real ugliness and brutality rest in America's culture?
North Las Vegas, Nev.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of politicizing business
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone