- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Wall Street clocks third straight week of gains
NEW YORK — Stocks are closing higher on Wall Street, closing out a third straight week of gains.
General Electric led the Dow Jones industrial average higher after reporting a strong quarter thanks to growth in emerging markets.
The Dow rose 53 points to end at 13,649 Friday.
The Standard & Poor’s 500 index reached another five-year high, rising five points to close at 1,486.
The Nasdaq gave up a point to end at 3,134, dragged down by a loss at Intel.
Capital One Financial lost 8 percent after reporting revenue and earnings that fell short of analysts’ estimates.
Rising stocks outnumbered falling ones two to one on the New York Stock Exchange. Volume was in line with the recent average at 3.7 billion shares.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Hillary swoons at admitted illegal immigrant: 'Wow,' you're 'incredibly brave'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.