- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Health and Human Services Dept.: It’s not an ‘exchange,’ it’s a ‘marketplace’
Reacting to negative views and grassroots opposition to Obamacare — or the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act — the Health and Human Services Department has dropped all references to "exchanges" in favor of something that rings more of capitalism.
Press statements from HHS now refer to health insurance "marketplaces," not exchanges, in each state.
As Georgetown University Health Policy Institute reported on Jan. 17: "This week, [HHS] began a major push to educate the public about the new health insurance options available ... including the newly-named Health Insurance Marketplace, formerly known as the Federally Facilitated Exchange."
Obamacare opponents are hardly impressed — or fooled.
FreedomWorks, a grassroots group with a mission to advance free market and limited government principles throughout the nation, operates a website dedicated entirely to halting the exchanges, www.blockexchanges.com.
Dean Clancy, the director of health-care policy for the group, said the name-change was indicative of desperation on the part of the administration to boost Obamacare favorability ratings.
"They could call them motherhood or apple pie, but it wouldn't change our feelings about them," Mr. Clancy said, in a Hill report. "We're encouraged that they're showing signs of desperation. I think that it's too late in the game to try to start calling this something different."
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Former Blue Angels commander relieved of duty for alleged misconduct
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.