- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Obama uses the Constitution as basis for his aggressive plans
Question of the Day
Sen. Chuck Grassley, the ranking Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee, which will be the chief panel for many of Mr. Obama’s priorities such as gun control and immigration reform, also praised the president.
“I applaud him for his call for unity,” he said, though he added that part of that burden falls on the president. “He is going to have to quit dividing Americans between rich and poor.”
Democrats were enthused by Mr. Obama’s call to action — though Sen. Tom Harkin, Iowa Democrat and one of the chamber’s most liberal members, was asked whether the address was liberal enough for him.
He smiled and said, “It’s always kind of approaching it, never quite meets it.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Stephen Dinan can be reached at email@example.com.
- Senate approves money for Israel's Iron Dome defense
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- McConnell to Obama: Quit fundraising, start leading on border
- Harry Reid threatens to cancel weekends
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- ON THE RUN: Competition for Redskins backup running back is heating up
- Obama vows veto of House border bill
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors