- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Freak lightning storm kills 1, injures 7 on California beach
- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
AP Photos: Celebrities turn out for inauguration
Question of the Day
WASHINGTON (AP) - It’s a rare event where Beyonce, Katy Perry and Jennifer Hudson aren’t the headliners.
The divas were happy to play supporting roles over the inauguration weekend as President Barack Obama kicked off his second term. And there was the promise of one more surprise guest at Tuesday’s private staff ball_ Lady Gaga, who the Presidential Inaugural Committee says will perform at the event intended to thank campaign and White House staffers.
Although it didn’t quite have the collective star power of Obama’s first inauguration, which featured a televised concert on the mall, Obama turned to younger acts Beyonce and Kelly Clarkson on the podium where last time Aretha Franklin stood with Yo-Yo Ma and Itzhak Perlman.
Here are photos of the some of the stars who turned out to support the president at events over the weekend.
TWT Video Picks
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell's trial to test definitions of political corruption
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Washington Times strikes content and marketing partnership with Redskins
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq