- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: ‘Jesus Christ is a myth’
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes — ‘your paycheck’
- Despite Obamacare problems, some Dems want Sebelius to run for Senate: report
- Angry New Yorkers shred gun registrations in deadline day protests
- Uninsured rate dropping faster in places that embraced pillars of Obamacare, survey shows
- Hawaii, D.C. give residents two more weeks to sign up under Obamacare
- Climate change causing fish to lose their minds, researchers say
- Great Britain tops World’s Most Sexist Nation list
- Aaron Hernandez investigated for threatening to kill prison guard
Nyjer Morgan signs with Yokohama BayStars
YOKOHAMA, Japan — Free-agent outfielder Nyjer Morgan has signed with the Yokohama DeNA BayStars of Japan’s Central League.
The team says the 32-year-old Morgan will join the BayStars on a one-year-deal worth $1.6 million.
Morgan has a .280 batting average, 130 RBI and 117 stolen bases over six seasons in the major leagues with the Pittsburgh Pirates, Washington Nationals and Milwaukee Brewers. He hit .304 while helping Milwaukee win the National League Central in 2011, but slumped to .239 last season as the Brewers failed to make the playoffs.
The BayStars are expected to use Morgan as the No. 3 hitter in a batting order that also includes former major leaguers Alex Ramirez and Tony Blanco.
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- PHILLIPS: What did Harry Reid know and when did he know it?
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- HHS nominee Sylvia Burwell entangled in MetLife lawsuit
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes