- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
- Former Reagan aide James Baker: President regretted apartheid veto
- Some donations to gay waitress who allegedly forged hate note refunded
- German President Joachim Gauck boycotting Sochi Olympics
- Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel: If you want to pay more for your doctor, you can under Obamacare
Issa irked by John Kerry’s debt comments
During his confirmation hearing to replace Hillary Rodham Clinton as Secretary of State, Sen. John Kerry, Massachusetts Democrat, stressed that America needed to get its fiscal house in order for him to be able to do his job.
Appearing on "Fox and Friends" on Friday to respond, Rep. Darrell Issa, California Republican, had some harsh words for Mr. Kerry.
"It is interesting to hear Sen. Kerry basically talk about something that he is in fact an architect of," Mr. Issa said. "It's a little bit like someone killing their parents and then claiming to be an orphan. He certainly has had an opportunity to bring forward a budget or take up the Ryan budget. He's been in leadership positions. He's leaving the Senate without fiscal responsibility. They're the ones who have not passed a budget in over 1,000 days and counting."
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Christmas gift for coffee lovers: Starbucks $450 all-metal gift card
- Chris Matthews: GOP less patriotic than South African white apartheid leaders
- Wounded Warrior donation MIA from lesbian waitress of anti-gay tip story
- Jon Stewart, CIA superspy? Iranian TV creates new 'Zionist' conspiracy
- Paris Metro issues 'politeness manual' to improve passengers' behavior
Latest Blog Entries
- Rangel's race taunt: Tea party a bunch of 'white crackers'
- Limbaugh: Fox News wouldn't let me criticize GOP
- Anthony Weiner: Expect more lewd photos to surface during N.Y. mayoral campaign
- Obama meets with illegal immigrants to discuss reform
- Jay Carney likens inquiry on Sebelius' 'Obamacare' fundraising to birth certificate questions
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Sen. Rand Paul: Supreme Court needs to re-examine Fourth Amendment
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- Sen. Richard Durbin: No line in the sand on unemployment benefits
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Entertainment News and Reviews from Washington, D.C. and beyond.
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Opinion, analysis, and musings on politics, pop culture, reinvention, and the resultant flotsam and jetsam floating around the right-of-center quadrant of the Left Coast.
Let it snow
White House pets gone wild!