- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘Dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The imperial presidency
Question of the Day
Though we fought a revolution to rid ourselves of an oppressive monarch, America is now under the thumb of an imperial president who will bypass due process and impose his will through executive order. Because President Obama cannot persuade Congress to adopt his proposals, he simply signs executive orders.
The president has proposed 23 executive actions to get what he wants. He signed some of these while surrounded by children as props to advance his agenda, and he is brainwashing the next generation into thinking that if you disagree with him, you're a threat to children. To point out Mr. Obama's hypocrisy, American satirist Greg Gutfeld recently remarked, "The only time Democrats won't use children as a prop is at a pro-choice rally."
The compliant mainstream media are promoting Mr. Obama as an imperial president, and this paves the way for the next generation to accept the idea that executive orders, once meant to be used as a last resort, are customary -- and that the presidency is more than one-third of our government.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- California's Jerry Brown cites God, 'religious call' to embrace illegals
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Appeals court upholds Obamacare tax as constitutional