- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
- Ronnie Biggs of ‘Great Train Robbery’ fame dies, 84
- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The imperial presidency
Though we fought a revolution to rid ourselves of an oppressive monarch, America is now under the thumb of an imperial president who will bypass due process and impose his will through executive order. Because President Obama cannot persuade Congress to adopt his proposals, he simply signs executive orders.
The president has proposed 23 executive actions to get what he wants. He signed some of these while surrounded by children as props to advance his agenda, and he is brainwashing the next generation into thinking that if you disagree with him, you're a threat to children. To point out Mr. Obama's hypocrisy, American satirist Greg Gutfeld recently remarked, "The only time Democrats won't use children as a prop is at a pro-choice rally."
The compliant mainstream media are promoting Mr. Obama as an imperial president, and this paves the way for the next generation to accept the idea that executive orders, once meant to be used as a last resort, are customary -- and that the presidency is more than one-third of our government.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
Get Breaking Alerts
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Top Democrats reject court ruling over NSA spying on Americans
- IRS pays tax cheats hundreds of millions of dollars
- HURT: D.C. gets the vapors, calls sequester too much
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- EDITORIAL: Al Gore, soothsayer
- Obama mocks Putin, picks gay athletes for Sochi delegation
- We told you so: Conservatives foresaw polygamy ruling
- Army to cut up to 4,000 captains and majors
- Rush weighs in: Maybe Republicans dont dislike Obamacare