- Atheists sue to remove ‘Ground Zero Cross’ from 9/11 museum
- Bishop in Aleppo: ‘We Christians live in fear in Syria’
- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
Taco Bell pulls ad after complaints it mocked veggies
Taco Bell has pulled a television ad after receiving complaints that it mocks vegetables and people who eat them.
The 15-second ad suggests that people secretly hate party guests who show up on game day with trays of vegetables, saying the act is “like punting on fourth-and-one.” The fast-food chain then peddles its 12-pack of tacos as the perfect snack food for a football party.
However, the Center for Science in the Public Interest didn’t find the ad so clever, urging people to tweet their complaints directly to Taco Bell.
“It’s bad enough that there aren’t many ads on television for broccoli, kale, or carrots,” the health advocacy group told Business Insider. “The last thing healthy fruits and vegetables needed was to be the subject of an attack ad.”
The restaurant quickly removed the ad, the Associated Press reports.
“We didn’t want anyone to misinterpret the intent of the ad,” said Rob Poetsch, a Taco Bell spokesman.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GOP lawmaker faces fire for NBA crime tweet
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- U.S. deploys 12 F-16 fighter jets to Poland as exercise in response to Ukraine situation
- Cardinal Dolan: Pope's remarks on same-sex unions not an endorsement
- 'Blarney Blowout' near UMass results in 73 arrests; 4 officers injured
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Russia besieges Crimea as U.S. seeks diplomacy; Putin remains undeterred by Obama's sanctions
- Investigators puzzle: How does a 777 jetliner just disappear into thin air?
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again