- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
- Former Reagan aide James Baker: President regretted apartheid veto
- Some donations to gay waitress who allegedly forged hate note refunded
- German President Joachim Gauck boycotting Sochi Olympics
- Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel: If you want to pay more for your doctor, you can under Obamacare
- Sen. Rand Paul: ‘I am seriously thinking about’ running for president in 2016
- Sleet, ice, deepfreeze hit large swath of U.S.
American Scene: Criminal cases made AG hand over NCAA suit
A University of Connecticut Health Center spokesman confirmed Mrs. Henry was put on administrative leave Dec. 21. The center handles personnel matters for the medical examiner’s lab.
School stops musical with Elvis songs as racy
WEST JORDAN — A parent who was “All Shook Up” about Elvis Presley songs in a high-school drama prompted educators to cancel the production, deeming it too sexually suggestive.
Presley warbles over a sweetheart whose “lips are like a volcano that’s hot” in his 1957 song. “I’m proud to say she’s my buttercup. I’m in love. I’m all shook up.”
Presley’s song lyrics and a scene suggesting cross-dressing were deemed offensive by school administrators in a Salt Lake City suburb.
Rehearsals for “All Shook Up” were canceled before the play was made ready for production at Herriman High School, said Sandy Riesgraf, spokeswoman for the Jordan School District.
The American jukebox musical borrows from Presley’s songbook and puts a modern twist on William Shakespeare’s “Twelfth Night.”
Formal charges filed in girl’s death
LITTLE ROCK — A prosecutor filed formal charges this week against an Arkansas man accused of raping and killing his 6-year-old neighbor who had been a victim in a prior abuse case.
Prosecutor Van Stone filed paperwork Wednesday charging Zachary Holly, 28, with capital murder, kidnapping, rape and residential burglary in the disappearance and death of 6-year-old Jersey Bridgeman.
The formal charges come days before Mr. Holly is due in court Monday for an arraignment.
Authorities arrested Mr. Holly several days after Jersey was found dead on Nov. 20 in a vacant home next to Mr. Holly’s in Bentonville.
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Sen. Richard Durbin: No line in the sand on unemployment benefits
- Dick Cheney: Family feud over gay marriage has been 'dealt with'
- Sen. Rand Paul: Supreme Court needs to re-examine Fourth Amendment
- Sen. Rand Paul: 'I am seriously thinking about' running for president in 2016
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Rep. Mike McCaul: 'Al Qaeda's on the run' is 'false narrative'
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Entertainment News and Reviews from Washington, D.C. and beyond.
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Opinion, analysis, and musings on politics, pop culture, reinvention, and the resultant flotsam and jetsam floating around the right-of-center quadrant of the Left Coast.
Let it snow
White House pets gone wild!