- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
1,100 Green Berets sign petition against gun control
Question of the Day
Retired Army Special Forces Master Sgt. Jeff Hinton was looking for 100 current or retired Green Berets to sign a petition defending Second Amendment rights. What he received was 1,100 special forces operators, all of whom are against bans on the kind of military-style rifles targeted in the wake of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in December.
Military.com reports that Master Sgt. Hinton’s 2,900-word letter has been distributed to media outlets and posted on Professionalsoldiers.com.
In addition to rejecting bans on guns for cosmetic reasons, the Green Berets also take issue with any bans on high capacity magazines, noting that it only takes seconds to reload.
The group’s petition concludes: “We believe that it is time that we take personal responsibility for our choices and actions rather than abdicate that responsibility to someone else under the illusion that we have done something that will make us all safer. … We have a responsibility to stand by our principles and act in accordance with them. Our children are watching and they will follow the example we set.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- U.S. doubting war on terror outcome: 27% of likely voters tell Rasmussen U.S. is winning
- Israel says Hamas trained operative for paraglider attack on civilians
- Army's 3-D printed bombs will create 'a whole new universe' of deadly capabilities
- 6 Philadelphia narcotics officers charged with robbing drug dealers of over $500K in cash
- ISIL destroys key bridge leading to Baghdad; suicide truck bomb severed supply line
Latest Blog Entries
- HuffPo: Denying women 'moral abortions' destroys 'soul freedom'
- Rangel's race taunt: Tea party a bunch of 'white crackers'
- Limbaugh: Fox News wouldn't let me criticize GOP
- Anthony Weiner: Expect more lewd photos to surface during N.Y. mayoral campaign
- Obama meets with illegal immigrants to discuss reform
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Star witness in Bob McDonnell corruption trial refutes 'crush' defense
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world