- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
`Lincoln,’ `Argo’ earn Writers Guild nominations
Question of the Day
LOS ANGELES (AP) - "Lincoln" and "Zero Dark Thirty" are adding to their front-runner status for Hollywood's awards season.
The two dramas earned nominations from the Writers Guild on Friday for outstanding screen writing.
"Lincoln" is up for adapted screenplay, along with "Argo," "Silver Linings Playbook," "Life of Pi" and "The Perks of Being a Wallflower."
"Zero Dark Thirty" was nominated for original screenplay, along with "Flight," "Looper," "The Master" and "Moonrise Kingdom."
In the documentary category, "The Central Park Five," "The Invisible War," "Mea Maxima Culpa, "West of Memphis," "We Are Legion: The Story of the Hacktivists," and "Searching for Sugar Man" earned nominations.
Winners will be announced during simultaneous ceremonies in New York and Los Angeles on Feb. 17.
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Iraq Christians get meeting with top Obama aide
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world