- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Giffords interview to air on shooting anniversary
Question of the Day
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — A TV interview with former Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and her husband will air on the second anniversary of the Tucson shooting rampage that killed six and wounded Mrs. Giffords and 12 others.
ABC says Mrs. Giffords and retired astronaut Mark Kelly, her husband, will speak during the interview about a new initiative they're launching. The network didn't specify what the initiative would aim to do.
A call to a Giffords spokeswoman wasn't immediately returned Sunday.
The interview by anchor Diane Sawyer will air at 6:30 p.m. EST Tuesday.
Mrs. Giffords and Mr. Kelly met Friday with the families of victims in last month's shooting in Connecticut that left 26 people dead inside an elementary school. The couple met earlier in the week with New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, a longtime gun-control advocate.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world