- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Giffords interview to air on shooting anniversary
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — A TV interview with former Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and her husband will air on the second anniversary of the Tucson shooting rampage that killed six and wounded Mrs. Giffords and 12 others.
ABC says Mrs. Giffords and retired astronaut Mark Kelly, her husband, will speak during the interview about a new initiative they're launching. The network didn't specify what the initiative would aim to do.
A call to a Giffords spokeswoman wasn't immediately returned Sunday.
The interview by anchor Diane Sawyer will air at 6:30 p.m. EST Tuesday.
Mrs. Giffords and Mr. Kelly met Friday with the families of victims in last month's shooting in Connecticut that left 26 people dead inside an elementary school. The couple met earlier in the week with New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, a longtime gun-control advocate.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.