- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Luke Bryan to join Blake Shelton as ACMs co-host
NASHVILLE, TENN. (AP) - Luke Bryan is joining Blake Shelton to co-host the 2013 Academy of Country Music Awards.
The Academy also says in a Tuesday news release that this year's show will be held April 7 and Brad Paisley will host the ACM Fan Jam, a satellite event held simultaneously with the awards show.
Bryan replaces Reba McEntire. She served as host for more than a decade before stepping aside to concentrate on her new sitcom "Malibu Country."
Shelton is also a star on "The Voice" and began sharing hosting duties with McEntire two years ago. This will be Bryan's first gig hosting a live event.
The 48th annual ACM Awards will be broadcast live on CBS from the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
TWT Video Picks
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Russian bombers buzz U.K. airspace; jets scrambled to chase off 'Bears'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014