- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
Michael Moore: ‘We as Americans believe it’s OK to kill people’
Question of the Day
On Tuesday night radical filmmaker and gadfly Michael Moore apparently equated U.S. soldiers and ordinary U.S. civilians with the sort of deranged killers who have have shocked and saddened the nation by gunning down dozens of innocent people in a string of recent massacres like those in Tucson, Ariz.; Aurora, Colo.; and, most recently, Newtown, Conn.
"We are a violent people," Mr. Moore said in New York from the red carpet at the National Board of Review Awards, according to the Associated Press.
"We as Americans believe it's OK to kill people," asserted the auteur-activist, who won an Oscar in 2003 for his pro-gun control documentary "Bowling for Columbine."
"We believe it's OK," Mr. Moore continued, "to invade a country that had nothing to do with 9/11. We think it's OK to invade a country where we think Osama Bin Laden is and he's in the other country. So we just go in and we just kill. And we have the death penalty, we sanction it. Not talking about the insane people now. We're talking about our government — which is of, by and for the people — says it's OK to kill people. So why is it a surprise when the unhinged, who live in the same society, go 'I feel like killing some people today?' I think we need to take a look at ourselves."
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'
- Crime-ridden U.S. cities differ on ways to fight gun violence
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq