- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Michael Moore: ‘We as Americans believe it’s OK to kill people’
Question of the Day
On Tuesday night radical filmmaker and gadfly Michael Moore apparently equated U.S. soldiers and ordinary U.S. civilians with the sort of deranged killers who have have shocked and saddened the nation by gunning down dozens of innocent people in a string of recent massacres like those in Tucson, Ariz.; Aurora, Colo.; and, most recently, Newtown, Conn.
"We are a violent people," Mr. Moore said in New York from the red carpet at the National Board of Review Awards, according to the Associated Press.
"We as Americans believe it's OK to kill people," asserted the auteur-activist, who won an Oscar in 2003 for his pro-gun control documentary "Bowling for Columbine."
"We believe it's OK," Mr. Moore continued, "to invade a country that had nothing to do with 9/11. We think it's OK to invade a country where we think Osama Bin Laden is and he's in the other country. So we just go in and we just kill. And we have the death penalty, we sanction it. Not talking about the insane people now. We're talking about our government — which is of, by and for the people — says it's OK to kill people. So why is it a surprise when the unhinged, who live in the same society, go 'I feel like killing some people today?' I think we need to take a look at ourselves."
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Craigslist killers: Police say newlyweds stabbed man for thrills
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- Colorado judge: Bakery owner discriminated against gay couple
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Covering the world of soccer, including the World Cup, Major League Soccer, D.C. United and the English Premier League and other interesting sporting events.
Entertainment News and Reviews from Washington, D.C. and beyond.
Great discoveries in the world of restaurants and chefs fulfill the quest for delicious food and cooking.
Television commentary, reviews, news and nonstop DVR catch-up by Lisa King Dolloff and friends.
White House pets gone wild!