- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Michael Moore: ‘We as Americans believe it’s OK to kill people’
On Tuesday night radical filmmaker and gadfly Michael Moore apparently equated U.S. soldiers and ordinary U.S. civilians with the sort of deranged killers who have have shocked and saddened the nation by gunning down dozens of innocent people in a string of recent massacres like those in Tucson, Ariz.; Aurora, Colo.; and, most recently, Newtown, Conn.
"We are a violent people," Mr. Moore said in New York from the red carpet at the National Board of Review Awards, according to the Associated Press.
"We as Americans believe it's OK to kill people," asserted the auteur-activist, who won an Oscar in 2003 for his pro-gun control documentary "Bowling for Columbine."
"We believe it's OK," Mr. Moore continued, "to invade a country that had nothing to do with 9/11. We think it's OK to invade a country where we think Osama Bin Laden is and he's in the other country. So we just go in and we just kill. And we have the death penalty, we sanction it. Not talking about the insane people now. We're talking about our government — which is of, by and for the people — says it's OK to kill people. So why is it a surprise when the unhinged, who live in the same society, go 'I feel like killing some people today?' I think we need to take a look at ourselves."
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- Skeptics on all sides take aim of John Kerry's tentative deal on Ukraine
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.