- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Random House cancels Paula Deen’s new cookbook
Question of the Day
Just a couple days after Paula Deen’s forthcoming cookbook topped Amazon’s best-sellers list, Ballantine Books, a Random House imprint, announced Friday it was making the “difficult decision” to cancel publication of the book.
Advance sales for “Paula Deen’s New Testament: 250 Favorite Recipes All Lightened Up,” which was scheduled to be released in October, skyrocketed after numerous sponsors dropped the TV chef after she admitted to using racist language more than two decades ago.
Refunds for those who pre-ordered the book will be handled by the various retailers, said Random House spokesman Stuart Applebaum, as CNN Money reported.
J.C. Penny and Sears announced on Friday they would stop selling her products. Home Depot, Target and Wal-Mart also have decided to end their deals with Miss Deen, prompting her to seek assistance from the crisis-management firm Smith & Company, CNN Money reported.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was 'bias motivated,' police say
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Newly rehabbed Rob Ford knocks back 5 espressos in one sitting
- Iran's Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are 'tumors derived from the same origin'
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
- HUSAIN: Worlds grand ayatollahs rally behind Sistani
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors