- Arkansas voter ID law struck down by state judge
- FDA proposes ban on e-cigarette sales to minors
- Bad omen? Italian man crushed to death by John Paul II crucifix
- Company stopped from accepting abortion waste
- Girl surprises Michelle Obama with unemployed dad’s resume
- ‘Harry Potter’ religion class seeks to enlighten students on ‘God, sin, and theodicy’
- ‘Optionally piloted’ Black Hawk helicopter clears tests; future missions to go ‘fully unmanned’
- Vice News reporter kidnapped in Ukraine is freed after being beaten, blindfolded
- FCC’s new ‘net neutrality’ proposal sparks outrage among consumer advocates
- Families of ferry’s lost confront South Korean officials
Most African-Americans hate the soda ban by NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg, poll says
A just-released Quinnipiac poll says 60 percent of black New Yorkers say Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s ban on soda sizes larger than 16 ounces has got to go.
Men hate it, too, with 54 percent opposed versus 44 percent in favor, the poll says.
Overall, 51 percent of the city’s residents oppose it, the poll says. But for blacks, the ban records a 60 percent disapproval rating, with 38 percent approving.
Women and Hispanics are more evenly divided, with nearly 50-50 approval-disapproval ratings in both groups.
At the same time, Mr. Bloomberg’s favorability ratings remain steady. An estimated 53 percent of city voters said they approved of his job, compared to 40 percent who did not, Quinnipiac reported.
“Mayor Bloomberg maintains his pretty-good-for-a-third-term job approval,” said Maurice Carroll, director of the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- good to go test
- another test dont post this please
- Russia poised to ban curse words in movies, concerts
- USF decrees: No onstage selfies during graduation ceremonies
- test do not post
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
Only IRS employees could expect rewards for failing to pay their taxes
- Holder cancels appearance in OKC amid angry protests
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Gun control supporters send message to NRA
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Nevada rancher's racial remarks cost him range of support
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014