- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Review: On 6th CD, Biffy Clyro continues to rock
Biffy Clyro, “Opposites” (Warner Bros. Records)
Biffy Clyro is going to have a busy few months. They return to the airwaves after three years with their sixth album, “Opposites,” head on tour with rock giants Muse and play both weekends at the Coachella music festival.
Luckily, the Scottish trio’s new album rocks.
The opening track, “Different People,” starts off small, relying on the strength and breadth of Simon Neil’s vocals, but quickly builds to anthemic proportions with husky guitar and pounding drums.
“Black Chandelier” opens in a cappella, with emotional but almost humorous lyrics like “You left my heart like an abandoned car.” The chorus catapults in and again with volume and strength that could fill a stadium.
The songs on “Opposites” are varied and multifaceted: “Biblical” is angst-ridden (“Baby if you could, would you go back to the start?” Neil sings), and “The Thaw” uses orchestral strings to reach its crescendo.
Follow Sian Watson on Twitter at twitter.com/SianWatson
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China; prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: 'It's scary'
- Protesters, police clash in Philippines ahead of Obama visit
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014