- Australian P.M. Abbott: MH17 evidence tampered with on ‘industrial scale’
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez tells Hispanics to vote and ‘punish those’ who oppose amnesty
- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
Baghdad ripped by fatal bombs on 10th anniversary of U.S. invasion
Question of the Day
Dozens have died, and hundreds more were wounded, as Iraqi insurgents marked the 10th anniversary of America's invasion with bombs targeted at Shiite areas.
The attacks targeted restaurants, bus stops and even daily laborers heading to work, CBS reported. Police said the attacks spanned about an hour and began at a small restaurant.
Shortly after that car bomb blast, another bomb was set off at a gathering place for day laborers. In Sadr City, meanwhile, a bomb attached to the underside of a bus killed and wounded several. And a separate car bomb in the same neighborhood went off about the same time, CBS reports. At least five more bombs detonated before the hour was up, CBS says.
Nobody took responsibility — but CBS says the attacks have the handprint of al Qaeda all over them.
On March 19, 2003, the United States invaded Iraq.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Australian P.M. Abbott: MH17 evidence tampered with on 'industrial scale'
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez tells Hispanics to vote and 'punish those' who oppose amnesty
- 2 Americans killed in Gaza fighting for Israel: 'We lost a gem'
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- Ukraine sends tanks to take back rebel-held city of Donestsk
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Rihanna, Dwight Howard delete #FreePalestine tweets
- U.S. scrambles as violence escalates in Israel-Hamas conflict
- Ron Paul: U.S. partly to blame for Malaysia Airlines disaster
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- EDITORIAL: Snipers from the left target Hillary
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq