- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
MILLER: Finally some answers about the Sandy Hook school shooting
Question of the Day
The nation’s shock over the horrific murder of 20 schoolchildren at Sandy Hook Elementary School was matched by a desire to find ways to protect all children from such a crime.
Many questions about the killer, Adam Lanza, and his mother, school security, gun laws and weapons used remained unknown until today.
The search warrants from the December 14 shooting in Newtown, which gives answers to many of those questions, were released Thursday by the Danbury state’s attorney, Stephen J. Sedensky III.
He stole all his weapons from his mother’s home.
Police found his mother’s gun safe opened and unlocked, but no evidence that it had been broken into by anyone.
Investigators determined that Lanza murdered the children and their teachers with a Bushmaster .223 caliber model XM15 rifle. He shot himself with a Glock 10 mm handgun.
He also carried a Sig Sauer P226 9mm pistolm and police found a 12 gauge shotgun in his car.
Lanza’s horrific rampage lasted only five minutes. He fired 155 rounds.
The documents detailing the police investigation and search warrants can be seen by clicking on the links to the left:
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Emily Miller is senior editor of opinion for The Washington Times. She is the author of “Emily Gets Her Gun … But Obama Wants to Take Yours” (Regnery 2013). Miller won the 2012 Clark Mollenhoff Award for Investigative Reporting from the Institute on Political Journalism.
- MILLER: Obamacare enrollees include 101 members of the House of Representatives
- MILLER: Obamacare disaster gets three-week PR blitz by White House
- MILLER: Black Friday gun sales sixth-highest in history but lower than 2012
- MILLER: Obama’s EPA closing smelter will not affect ammunition supply
- MILLER: Chuck Schumer’s scam with 3D plastic guns
Latest Blog Entries
Get Breaking Alerts
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Craigslist killers: Police say newlyweds stabbed man for thrills
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth