- President Obama poised to grant clemency to nonviolent drug offenders: report
- Teen OK after riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- Kraft recalls 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer hot dogs over cheese error
- Boy Scouts boots church as host after gay leadership dispute
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s new book raises 2016 presidential speculation
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Rep. Marsha Blackburn: Hillary Clinton won’t be first female president
- French president accuses Syria’s Assad of gassing his own citizens
- Jimmy Carter’s grandson makes gains in governor’s race in Georgia
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al Qaeda training camps
Van Jones: Roger Ailes calling Obama ‘lazy’ is racist
Fox News chief Roger Ailes has stirred up some controversy in his new biography that includes critiques against Newt Gingrich, Joe Biden and President Barack Obama.
The biography, by Zev Chafets, quotes Mr. Ailes as saying that President Obama "never worked a day in his life" and "never earned a penny that wasn't public money." The Fox News chief also derided the president for being "lazy" and playing too much golf and basketball.
Appearing on "The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer" Wednesday, Van Jones — the former special advisor for Green Jobs under the Obama administration — called Mr. Ailes' comments "disgusting."
"This is the kind of stuff that is really disgusting at the end of the day," he said. "First of all, Barack Obama's hair is white. He looks like the black Santa Claus shaved his beard off. You don't go looking from Tiger Woods to looking like Morgan Freeman in three years if you're not working hard. There's a racial charge I think that some people find offensive."
Mr. Jones went on to imply a racial double-standard because "Nobody calls [House Speaker John] Boehner lazy," because he said he plays golf four times more than the president.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Discovery Channel cancels Mount Everest jump after avalanche kills 13
- Twitter blocks accounts critical of Turkish government
- Malaysia Airlines flight makes emergency landing in Kuala Lumpur
- 7-year-old twin boys fight off carjacker with toy snake
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Building a D.C. memorial for an endless war bumps into regulations
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- No rush: Bob Goodlatte waits for heads to cool on heated legislation
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.