- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Shakira: ‘I look decent,’ singer says of her post-baby body
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (AP) — Colombian superstar Shakira is learning how to balance her demanding work schedule with being a new mom one day at a time.
“It’s part of motherhood, you know,” she said of juggling personal and professional life. “You got to figure it out as you go.”
The 36-year-old singer and her soccer star boyfriend, Gerard Pique, welcomed their first child, Milan Pique Mebarak, on Jan. 22.
“He’s great. He’s so mellow, but he’s very alert, too,” she said in an interview Wednesday night at House of Blues in West Hollywood. “It’s like he knows what’s going on around him. He knows when someone comes in the room or comes out. He’s something.”
Shakira joined fellow “The Voice” coaches Adam Levine, Blake Shelton and Usher at a red carpet event celebrating the NBC signing competition’s top 12 finalists.
“The Voice” host Carson Daly said baby Milan has been a welcome addition to the kid-friendly set, which features regular visits from Mr. Daly’s young brood, Usher’s children and Mr. Levine’s nephews.
“With Milan it’s a full-blown nursery!” Mr. Daly said of Shakira’s baby-proofed double-wide trailer. “It’s just like Shakira’s door opens and ‘It’s a Small World’ starts playing. It’s built for Milan. And it’s really special and it’s cool. We’re like a little family.”
But according to Shakira, it’s not the children who cause the most trouble.
“It’s like a kindergarten because these guys are already babies. They’re babies!” she joked of her fellow coaches.
When it comes to getting those famous hips back into pre-baby shape, Shakira said she’s still working on it.
“I still have a long way to go. I still have a few pounds over to lose,” she said. “I look decent.”
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.