- Running on empty: EPA slashes biofuel goals because of ethanol shortage
- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
Shakira: ‘I look decent,’ singer says of her post-baby body
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (AP) — Colombian superstar Shakira is learning how to balance her demanding work schedule with being a new mom one day at a time.
“It’s part of motherhood, you know,” she said of juggling personal and professional life. “You got to figure it out as you go.”
The 36-year-old singer and her soccer star boyfriend, Gerard Pique, welcomed their first child, Milan Pique Mebarak, on Jan. 22.
“He’s great. He’s so mellow, but he’s very alert, too,” she said in an interview Wednesday night at House of Blues in West Hollywood. “It’s like he knows what’s going on around him. He knows when someone comes in the room or comes out. He’s something.”
Shakira joined fellow “The Voice” coaches Adam Levine, Blake Shelton and Usher at a red carpet event celebrating the NBC signing competition’s top 12 finalists.
“The Voice” host Carson Daly said baby Milan has been a welcome addition to the kid-friendly set, which features regular visits from Mr. Daly’s young brood, Usher’s children and Mr. Levine’s nephews.
“With Milan it’s a full-blown nursery!” Mr. Daly said of Shakira’s baby-proofed double-wide trailer. “It’s just like Shakira’s door opens and ‘It’s a Small World’ starts playing. It’s built for Milan. And it’s really special and it’s cool. We’re like a little family.”
But according to Shakira, it’s not the children who cause the most trouble.
“It’s like a kindergarten because these guys are already babies. They’re babies!” she joked of her fellow coaches.
When it comes to getting those famous hips back into pre-baby shape, Shakira said she’s still working on it.
“I still have a long way to go. I still have a few pounds over to lose,” she said. “I look decent.”
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Russian bombers buzz U.K. airspace; jets scrambled to chase off 'Bears'
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- ISTOOK: Obama's sleight of hand hides hidden government's work
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014