- Freak lightning storm kills 1, injures many on California beach
- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
Shakira: ‘I look decent,’ singer says of her post-baby body
Question of the Day
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (AP) — Colombian superstar Shakira is learning how to balance her demanding work schedule with being a new mom one day at a time.
“It’s part of motherhood, you know,” she said of juggling personal and professional life. “You got to figure it out as you go.”
The 36-year-old singer and her soccer star boyfriend, Gerard Pique, welcomed their first child, Milan Pique Mebarak, on Jan. 22.
“He’s great. He’s so mellow, but he’s very alert, too,” she said in an interview Wednesday night at House of Blues in West Hollywood. “It’s like he knows what’s going on around him. He knows when someone comes in the room or comes out. He’s something.”
Shakira joined fellow “The Voice” coaches Adam Levine, Blake Shelton and Usher at a red carpet event celebrating the NBC signing competition’s top 12 finalists.
“The Voice” host Carson Daly said baby Milan has been a welcome addition to the kid-friendly set, which features regular visits from Mr. Daly’s young brood, Usher’s children and Mr. Levine’s nephews.
“With Milan it’s a full-blown nursery!” Mr. Daly said of Shakira’s baby-proofed double-wide trailer. “It’s just like Shakira’s door opens and ‘It’s a Small World’ starts playing. It’s built for Milan. And it’s really special and it’s cool. We’re like a little family.”
But according to Shakira, it’s not the children who cause the most trouble.
“It’s like a kindergarten because these guys are already babies. They’re babies!” she joked of her fellow coaches.
When it comes to getting those famous hips back into pre-baby shape, Shakira said she’s still working on it.
“I still have a long way to go. I still have a few pounds over to lose,” she said. “I look decent.”
TWT Video Picks
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell's trial to test definitions of political corruption
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Washington Times strikes content and marketing partnership with Redskins
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq