- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
School janitor fired for paying 4th-graders $1 to beat up classmate
A school janitor in Michigan was fired after she was caught trying to hire a couple of 4th-graders for $1 total to beat up a 9-year-old boy who spoke disrespectfully to her.
“There are no words to describe it,” said district spokesman John Helmholdt. “This is one of those things that make you scratch your head and wonder how any individual could think this was a good idea.”
According to the boy’s mother, the janitor’s request was able to come to fruition before it could be stopped.
“To think that there’s an adult that can be so like twisted to sit there and watch a little boy — a little 9-year-old boy — get beat up and get enjoyment out of it,” she told WOOD-TV8.
However, Mr. Helmholdt said the district is positive the attack was never carried out and the custodian “was fired on the spot,” the Daily News reported. She could face criminal charges.
The boy’s mother said she’s considering a lawsuit against Campus Elementary and is worried for her family’s safety.
“I don’t know what kind of woman I’m dealing with,” the mother said. “It’s a little sick and twisted to me, to get enjoyment out of making a group of kids beat up a little kid you don’t like.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- U.N. warns of Muslim 'cleansing' in Central African Republic
- Otter attacks, kills alligator at Florida wildlife refuge
- Nation's first center that provides abortions and birthing opens in Buffalo, N.Y.
- Tattoo artist draws outrage for inking his dog
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again