- NAACP: Detroit water shutoffs are racially motivated
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Big milestone for Britain’s little Prince George who turns 1
- Murphy: Israel must be wary of Hamas using civilian deaths for recruitment
- Royce: Putin recruiting ‘every skinhead and malcontent around Russia’
- Nancy Pelosi is adamant: Congress worked together when Bush was president
- ‘Slender Man’ stabbing victim receives Purple Heart from anonymous veteran
- Kentucky city called socialist for buying gas station, undercutting competitor fuel prices
- Israel hits five mosques, sports complex in overnight Gaza strikes
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters’ questions on book tour
Senate Conservative Fund backs state Sen. Joni Ernst in Iowa GOP Senate primary
Question of the Day
Mrs. Ernst is running against Mark Jacobs, Sam Clovis, Matt Whitaker and Scott Schaben in the June 3 Republican primary.
The winner will face off against Rep. Bruce Braley, who is fighting to keep the seat in the hands of Democrats now that Sen. Tom Harkin is set to leave at the end of his term.
The latest poll showed that Mrs. Ernst is leading the pack by a 22.5 percent to 20.4 percent over Mr. Jacobs, a former CEO of a Texas energy company.
“She’s a principled conservative, she has strong grassroots support in the state, and she can win this race if she gets her message out,” Mr. Hoskins said. “If elected, Joni Ernst will fight to cut wasteful spending, repeal Obamacare and balance the budget.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Alison Lundergan Grimes hits Mitch McConnell over jobs
- Georgia Senate race heats up as Kingston, Perdue ready for runoff
- Alaska tops wildcard races across the West
- GOP presents ethnic faces to California voters
- Iowa conservatives attack Christie's record
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- Obamacare dealt massive setback by federal appeals court
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters' questions on book tour
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq