- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
- Texas seizes polygamist Warren Jeffs’ 1,600-acre ranch
‘Duck Dynasty’ star left $5K tip after dining with Sean Hannity, Mark Levin and Sen. Ted Cruz
Most people leave 20 percent tips when they go out to eat. “Duck Dynasty” star Willie Robertson left a 100 percent tip while visiting the nation’s capital — on a $5,000 bill, TMZ reported.
While in town for the president’s State of the Union address on Jan. 28, the A&E star went out to Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse in D.C. with Sean Hannity, Mark Levin, Sen. Ted Cruz and a host of other well-known conservatives, TMZ said.
When the bill came, Mr. Robertson picked up the tab and left the enormous tip, TMZ reported. However, Mediabistro’s TVNewser claims their sources told them that it was Mr. Hannity who paid the tab and the large tip.
“See? Republicans don’t have any problems redistributing wealth,” TMZ joked.
The restaurant, which normally closes at 11 p.m., stayed open until 2 a.m. to accommodate the group’s post-State of the Union discussion.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Elderly Chicago man robs bank to go 'home' to prison; judge fulfills his desire
- Attacks, rapes and forced conversions to Islam spike for Egypt's Christian women: report
- 'I Am Alive' app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Philadelphia using high-frequency sonic waves to chase off teenagers, improve security
- Teen from 'Jihad Jane' plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
Latest Blog Entries
- HuffPo: Denying women 'moral abortions' destroys 'soul freedom'
- Rangel's race taunt: Tea party a bunch of 'white crackers'
- Limbaugh: Fox News wouldn't let me criticize GOP
- Anthony Weiner: Expect more lewd photos to surface during N.Y. mayoral campaign
- Obama meets with illegal immigrants to discuss reform
TWT Video Picks
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Hillary swoons at admitted illegal immigrant: 'Wow,' you're 'incredibly brave'
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.