- Australian P.M. Abbott: MH17 evidence tampered with on ‘industrial scale’
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez tells Hispanics to vote and ‘punish those’ who oppose amnesty
- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
‘Duck Dynasty’ star left $5K tip after dining with Sean Hannity, Mark Levin and Sen. Ted Cruz
Question of the Day
Most people leave 20 percent tips when they go out to eat. “Duck Dynasty” star Willie Robertson left a 100 percent tip while visiting the nation’s capital — on a $5,000 bill, TMZ reported.
While in town for the president’s State of the Union address on Jan. 28, the A&E star went out to Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse in D.C. with Sean Hannity, Mark Levin, Sen. Ted Cruz and a host of other well-known conservatives, TMZ said.
When the bill came, Mr. Robertson picked up the tab and left the enormous tip, TMZ reported. However, Mediabistro’s TVNewser claims their sources told them that it was Mr. Hannity who paid the tab and the large tip.
“See? Republicans don’t have any problems redistributing wealth,” TMZ joked.
The restaurant, which normally closes at 11 p.m., stayed open until 2 a.m. to accommodate the group’s post-State of the Union discussion.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Chinese spy ship arrives at giant U.S.-led naval exercise off the coast of Hawaii
- Obey: Pentagon research indicates social media can be used to control people like robots
- American Spartan: Man served in Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines
- Gen. James Amos, Marine Corps commandant, slams Obama's handling of Iraq
- NATO troop commander questions Obama's Afghan war strategy at Senate hearing
Latest Blog Entries
- HuffPo: Denying women 'moral abortions' destroys 'soul freedom'
- Rangel's race taunt: Tea party a bunch of 'white crackers'
- Limbaugh: Fox News wouldn't let me criticize GOP
- Anthony Weiner: Expect more lewd photos to surface during N.Y. mayoral campaign
- Obama meets with illegal immigrants to discuss reform
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Rihanna, Dwight Howard delete #FreePalestine tweets
- U.S. scrambles as violence escalates in Israel-Hamas conflict
- Ron Paul: U.S. partly to blame for Malaysia Airlines disaster
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- EDITORIAL: Snipers from the left target Hillary
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq