- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Special Forces funding to be ‘reined in’ by Obama administration: report
Question of the Day
Multiple defense sources told the Army Times to expect “flat” funding starting in fiscal 2015 for special operations forces (SOF).
Another source told the military news outlet that “reined in” would also be an appropriate phrase to describe future budgets, even though budget analysts had expected the Defense Department and White House to continue growth for SOF.
U.S. Special Operations Command’s total force increased from 38,000 in 2001 to 63,000 by 2012, according to a recent Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessment report.
“What we’re trying to do is, we’re trying to get rebalanced in terms of our O&M, our operations and maintenance money, and our procurement and [research, development, test and evaluation] money,” Special Operations Command chief Adm. William McRaven said earlier this month during a defense conference in D.C.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- ISIL destroys key bridge leading to Baghdad; suicide truck bomb severed supply line
- Chinese hackers stole 'huge quantities' of sensitive data on Israel's Iron Dome
- C-130 lands at Ramstein Air Force Base with dead boy in wheel well
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring 'God's Rescue Squad'
Latest Blog Entries
- HuffPo: Denying women 'moral abortions' destroys 'soul freedom'
- Rangel's race taunt: Tea party a bunch of 'white crackers'
- Limbaugh: Fox News wouldn't let me criticize GOP
- Anthony Weiner: Expect more lewd photos to surface during N.Y. mayoral campaign
- Obama meets with illegal immigrants to discuss reform
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- PHILLIPS: Once-in-a-century stupidity
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world