- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Ukraine’s Crimea seeks to become independent state
Michelle Obama’s extended Hawaii stay annoys locals: report
The owner of nearby Goble’s Flower Farm told TMZ that security checkpoints have been dissuading customers from shopping there.
Other business owners complained of dwindling inventories due to road closures blocking their deliveries.
Even recreational areas like hiking trails have been closed to accommodate the first lady’s stay, TMZ reported.
President Obama and daughters Sasha and Malia returned to the White House on Sunday from their Christmas vacation, but first lady Michelle Obama remained in Hawaii for another few days as a part of her 50th “birthday gift,” the White House said.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for 'outside' cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to 'man up' in horse carriage fight
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- Michigan man posts Facebook photo of gun he used to rob bank: report
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CPAC 2014: Despite Ben Carson's speech, gay marriage mostly took a back seat at CPAC
- EDITORIAL: Senate Democrats pointless all-night global warming talkathon
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt 'Boss Hogg' town from map
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again