- Associated Press - Monday, March 7, 2016

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - A federal judge has pushed back Pacific Gas & Electric Co.’s trial on criminal charges stemming from the deadly 2010 gas pipeline explosion in San Bruno.

U.S. District Court Judge Thelton Henderson Monday set the new trial date three weeks later on April 12, but said even that would likely be postponed.

PG&E; attorney Steven Bauer says the government had been slow to turn over documents. Prosecutors disputed that contention.

Prosecutors have charged PG&E; with multiple counts of pipeline safety code violations and one felony count of obstruction of justice. PG&E; has pleaded not guilty.

Prosecutors say PG&E; tried to mislead investigators about pipeline testing procedures it was following at the time of the explosion. The blast killed eight people.

Henderson Monday also granted PG&E;’s request to have prospective jurors fill out a questionnaire to screen for bias.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide