- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
- Democrat Grimes backs Keystone XL pipeline in Kentucky Senate race
- China spends for 17 new warships as U.S. cuts back military
- In Japan, Obama plays soccer with a robot and warns students of climate change
- FDA proposes ban on e-cigarette sales to minors
Yet, there was some good news. Viewership among the network’s 18-to-34 demographic is up 6 percent from the WB and up 12 percent from UPN’s numbers last season.
Perry to surf again
Former “Beverly Hills, 90210” star Luke Perry is joining the cast of another Southern California-set show, Zap2it.com reports.
The new show is unlikely to be as lighthearted as the last one, however.
Mr. Perry, who most recently starred in NBC’s “Windfall,” will be a series regular on HBO’s “John From Cincinnati.” The show is the latest project from “Deadwood” creator David Milch. He became a full-time cast member after guest-starring in the pilot, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
“John From Cincinnati” explores the surfing culture of Imperial Beach, Calif., south of San Diego, and focuses on a prominent but dysfunctional family. The cast also includes Bruce Greenwood, Rebecca De Mornay, Ed O’Neill, Luis Guzman and Austin Nichols, who plays the title character.
Mr. Milch and author Kem Nunn co-wrote the pilot, which began filming last month. The series is scheduled to premiere in the summer.
Mr. Perry is best known for playing Dylan McKay — an avid surfer himself — for most of “90210’s” 10-season run. “John” will be his second turn on an HBO series; he had a recurring part on “Oz” in 2001-02.
Compiled by Kelly Jane Torrance from Web reports.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014