- Atheists’ Easter taunt to Christians: ‘Jesus is a myth’
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes — ‘your paycheck’
- Despite Obamacare problems, some Dems want Sebelius to run for Senate: report
- Angry New Yorkers shred gun registrations in deadline day protests
- Uninsured rate dropping faster in places that embraced pillars of Obamacare, survey shows
- Hawaii, D.C. give residents two more weeks to sign up under Obamacare
- Climate change causing fish to lose their minds, researchers say
- Great Britain tops World’s Most Sexist Nation list
- Aaron Hernandez investigated for threatening to kill prison guard
Yet, there was some good news. Viewership among the network’s 18-to-34 demographic is up 6 percent from the WB and up 12 percent from UPN’s numbers last season.
Perry to surf again
Former “Beverly Hills, 90210” star Luke Perry is joining the cast of another Southern California-set show, Zap2it.com reports.
The new show is unlikely to be as lighthearted as the last one, however.
Mr. Perry, who most recently starred in NBC’s “Windfall,” will be a series regular on HBO’s “John From Cincinnati.” The show is the latest project from “Deadwood” creator David Milch. He became a full-time cast member after guest-starring in the pilot, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
“John From Cincinnati” explores the surfing culture of Imperial Beach, Calif., south of San Diego, and focuses on a prominent but dysfunctional family. The cast also includes Bruce Greenwood, Rebecca De Mornay, Ed O’Neill, Luis Guzman and Austin Nichols, who plays the title character.
Mr. Milch and author Kem Nunn co-wrote the pilot, which began filming last month. The series is scheduled to premiere in the summer.
Mr. Perry is best known for playing Dylan McKay — an avid surfer himself — for most of “90210’s” 10-season run. “John” will be his second turn on an HBO series; he had a recurring part on “Oz” in 2001-02.
Compiled by Kelly Jane Torrance from Web reports.
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- PHILLIPS: What did Harry Reid know and when did he know it?
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- HHS nominee Sylvia Burwell entangled in MetLife lawsuit
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes