• “Gee’s Bend: The Architecture of the Quilt.” Through Aug. 26.
• “Linda Day Clark: The Gee’s Bend Photographs.” Through Sept. 2.
• “Ottoman Embroideries and Other Ornament.” Through Sept. 9.
• “Daily Magic in Ancient Egypt.” Through Nov. 18.
Woman’s National Democratic Club
At the Historic Whittemore House. 1526 New Hampshire Ave. NW. 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, Friday; 2-5 p.m. Tuesday, Thursday. 202/232-7363.
• Antique furnishings and presidential memorabilia, including rotating art exhibits. Call for tours.
Women in Military Service for America Memorial
Memorial Drive, Arlington. 8 a.m.-7 p.m. Metro: Arlington Cemetery. 703/892-2606.
• “In Defense of a Nation” film runs every 10 minutes.
• Permanent exhibits featuring artifacts and memorabilia of women’s military service from the American Revolution to the present. Runs indefinitely.
By Jay Sekulow
The left's outrage over the IRS turns to a plea to 'move on'
Independent voices from the TWT Communities
Politics and pop culture from the perspective of an independent hip-hop conservative
Positive propaganda for a nation in peril.
Al Maurer provides a common sense, conservatarian, Constitutional conservative perspective from the battleground state of Colorado
Manhattan-based free-market urban bloggers bringing original political content with fresh, young voices
World's Ugliest Dog Contest
Spelling Bee finale
Marines train Afghan soldiers
Rolling Thunder 2013
Benghazi: The anatomy of a scandal