- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
‘Assured Victory’ print helps heal the wounds
Question of the Day
The Ethiopia Freedom, Democracy, and Human Rights Advancement Act of 2007:
c Directs the secretary of state to provide technical assistance for democracy promotion — namely to support indigenous Ethiopian human rights organizations and members of the independent press and civil society, and to promote legal training.
c Directs the secretary of state to provide instruction and assistance in democracy training to both the opposition and ruling parties and authorizes the U.S. to block assistance — except for that used for humanitarian aid, counterterrorism and peacekeeping — if the Ethiopian government obstructs American technical assistance.
c Denies visas to Ethiopian officials who violate human rights, government security forces involved in the June 2005 or the November 2005 shootings of demonstrators and Ethiopian civilians who were involved in the November 2005 killings of seven policemen.
c Authorizes $20 million over two years to accomplish its goals.
c Send letters to Sgt. Shaft, c/o John Fales, P.O. Box 65900, Washington, D.C. 20035-5900; fax 301/622-3330; call 202/257-5446; or e-mail email@example.com.
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world