- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
A vision in burgundy
Question of the Day
But while Thompson said Favre is welcome to return as the backup if he applies for reinstatement from the reserved/retired list, Rodgers is the Packers’ starter despite Favre’s Hall of Fame credentials and scheduled $12 million salary.
The decision is in Favre’s hands. Does he come out of retirement? And if he does, could he handle backing up Rodgers, or would he demand a trade? Chicago and Minnesota certainly could use Favre, but Green Bay wouldn’t deal him to an NFC North rival. The Redskins aren’t nearly as quarterback-needy as the Bears, Vikings, Falcons or such AFC teams as the Ravens, Dolphins and Chiefs. And Snyder barely spent a dollar this offseason. Still …
“There’s zero chance,” an NFL source said of Favre joining the Redskins. “Why would you do that for one year? I think Brett plays in Green Bay or he doesn’t play.”
Another source believes that if Favre is traded, it would have to be to an AFC team.
But other longtime NFL observers aren’t so sure Snyder has changed his free-spending ways for good. One said the Packers would love a bidding war for the rights to Favre between Snyder and Falcons owner Arthur Blank that would land them a major compensation package and rid them of this public relations nightmare.
The Packers open camp July 28. Stay tuned.
About the Author
- For Chargers' Turner, there's no turning back
- Ailing Heyer hanging 'tough' for Redskins
- Redskins' Williams out for season finale
- NFL Rewind
- Redskins Grades
Latest Blog Entries
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Senate overcomes first filibuster of Obama's border-spending bill
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world