- GOP lawmaker faces fire for NBA crime tweet
- Taliban vow to ‘use all force’ to disrupt Afghan elections
- Atheists sue to remove ‘Ground Zero Cross’ from 9/11 museum
- Bishop in Aleppo: ‘We Christians live in fear in Syria’
- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
Dan Daly: As usual, the Redskins’ fix simply is a rush job
Well, he said, “I started moving around a bit [between the right and left sides] when Nick Saban became the [Dolphins] coach and had some success with it. It’ll be different, though. It’s going to take some work.”
Don’t rule out the possibility of Carter sucking it up and sliding over to Daniels’ position, thus allowing Taylor to be Taylor. Actually, Andre played left end in his first two NFL seasons - he was in San Francisco then - and in his second year had a career-best 12.5 sacks.
It’ll be interesting to watch the coaching staff sort it all out. When you lose a player with one set of skills (in Daniels’ case, his run-stopping ability) and replace him with a player with another set of skills (in Taylor’s case, his pass-rush prowess), you can “make a strength a weakness and a weakness a strength,” defensive line coach John Palermo said.
Still, having Taylor and Carter on the field at the same time, busting a gut to get to the quarterback, is a tantalizing prospect. The Redskins just have to play the run well enough so they can put themselves in those obvious passing situations. Otherwise, what a waste of two fine pass rushers.
About the Author
Dan Daly has been writing about sports for the Washington Times since 1982. He has won numerous national and local awards, appears regularly in NFL Films’ historical features and is the co-author of “The Pro Football Chronicle,” a decade-by-decade history of the game. Follow Dan on Twitter at @dandalyonsports –- or e-mail him at email@example.com.
- DALY: Rookies RG3, Alfred Morris hold their own against two Browns greats
- DALY: Players soon may equate Redskins with winning
- DALY: Quarterbacks waste no time making impact
- DALY: Just the tip of the iceberg for these Redskins
- DALY: Striking a balance integral to Redskins’ success
Latest Blog Entries
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- Arrest made in Ohio bar shooting that killed 3
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt 'Boss Hogg' town from map
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again