- Congress seeks ban on in-flight calls
- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
- Holiday cheer: Airline grants Christmas wishes for 250 unsuspecting passengers
Dan Daly: Film owners are good and good looking
I can’t decide who I’d rather be locked in a negotiating room with, Jessica Alba as the owner of the Toronto Maple Leafs in “The Love Guru” or Cameron Diaz as the owner of the Miami Sharks in “Any Given Sunday.”
But certainly not with Margaret Whitton as the owner of the Cleveland Indians in “Major League.”
Strange, isn’t it, how many of these sports-themed movies have women owners? It’s amazing, really, that the warden in “The Longest Yard” wasn’t Jennifer Aniston.
Not that James Cromwell wouldn’t look good in lipstick.
Of course, if Whoopi Goldberg can coach the Knicks, anything’s possible in Hollywood.
Come to think of it, if Isiah Thomas can coach the Knicks, anything’s possible anywhere.
A total of 22 people were arrested in Boston on Tuesday night as the city celebrated the Celtics’ 17th NBA title. Among the 22, I would hope, was Any Laker Who Had Anything To Do With Boston’s 131-92 Blowout Win In Game 6.
Seriously, how badly did Kobe Bryant and Co. pack it in in that last game? Well (to answer my own question), consider this:
About the Author
Dan Daly has been writing about sports for the Washington Times since 1982. He has won numerous national and local awards, appears regularly in NFL Films’ historical features and is the co-author of “The Pro Football Chronicle,” a decade-by-decade history of the game. Follow Dan on Twitter at @dandalyonsports –- or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DALY: Rookies RG3, Alfred Morris hold their own against two Browns greats
- DALY: Players soon may equate Redskins with winning
- DALY: Quarterbacks waste no time making impact
- DALY: Just the tip of the iceberg for these Redskins
- DALY: Striking a balance integral to Redskins’ success
Latest Blog Entries
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Somber duty: U.S. presidents in hot demand at Mandela's memorial
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whiskey: U.K.-born expert
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- Troops forced to rely on welfare, holiday charity
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro at Nelson Mandela's funeral
- NYC alarms with notice: Immediately surrender your rifle
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
Global economy, the civilizing power of markets and public morals.
News and opinion from a Millennial Urbanite with Southern sensibilities,
Notes from a running nerd: musings and more on all things running.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow