- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay comments
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
Dan Daly: Film owners are good and good looking
Question of the Day
Tough week for major league managers. Three were fired in the space of four days - the last being John Gibbons, who was replaced in Toronto by Cito Gaston, skipper of the Blue Jays’ 1992 and ‘93 World Series champions (but without a head job since ‘97).
Writes Neal from Gaithersburg: “Gaston announced that his first move is to put Kelly Gruber in at third.”
Just wondering (in case Hank Steinbrenner gets an itchy trigger finger): Billy Martin is dead, right?
Gibbons might not be the greatest manager, but at least he didn’t regale his players with stories of his heroism in the Spanish-American War - or whatever it was Tim Johnson, one of his predecessors, did.
And finally …
Number of the Week: $516,971.25.
(The amount a law firm - Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen and Katz - billed the NBA to interview 57 referees as part of the Tim Donaghy investigation. For those of you scoring at home, that’s $9,069.67 per interview … or more than Charlie Rose makes.)
About the Author
Dan Daly has been writing about sports for the Washington Times since 1982. He has won numerous national and local awards, appears regularly in NFL Films’ historical features and is the co-author of “The Pro Football Chronicle,” a decade-by-decade history of the game. Follow Dan on Twitter at @dandalyonsports –- or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DALY: Rookies RG3, Alfred Morris hold their own against two Browns greats
- DALY: Players soon may equate Redskins with winning
- DALY: Quarterbacks waste no time making impact
- DALY: Just the tip of the iceberg for these Redskins
- DALY: Striking a balance integral to Redskins’ success
Latest Blog Entries
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Budget has marks of Obama, but Congress hammered out deal without him
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- Obama's own panel rips NSA spying on phone calls of Americans
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Domino's launches its first vegan pizza
- Army to cut up to 4,000 captains and majors
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Covering the world of soccer, including the World Cup, Major League Soccer, D.C. United and the English Premier League and other interesting sporting events.
Lists of top ten movies, songs, funny moments, fashion statements, automobiles, children's names, stupid celebrity moments, first dates, last dates, weddings, and much, much more.
Right-brain investing in a left-brain world. You can do it. I can help.
News and views on the Civil War.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow