- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
Question of the Day
Sheriff McMillan, the sheriff from 1998 through 2005, lost his job in an election shortly after Miss King filed the lawsuit.
Virginia Wesleyan freezes salaries
Virginia Wesleyan College will freeze salaries next year in anticipation of a smaller incoming class.
Billy Greer Jr., the school’s president, said a smaller class has not been determined but is expected because the private liberal-arts school has raised its requirements for incoming students.
The reduction will also mean less incoming money.
The college’s Web site states it is working for Phi Beta Kappa status, a mark of academic excellence won by only about 10 percent of U.S. colleges.
The increased standards for admission mean an increase in SAT scores from 800 to 900, and an increase in grade-point average for college preparatory classes from 2.25 to 2.5 on a four-point scale, Mr. Greer said.
From wire dispatches and staff reports
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Crime-ridden U.S. cities differ on ways to fight gun violence
- Let it roll: D.C. Council hits Las Vegas on taxpayer's dime, leaves $14,000 tab
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq