- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Depending on the shuttle’s success, the National Park Service said it may also offer the program during the summer of 2009.
Court: Town can control business
BERLIN — The state Supreme Court ruled that Berlin can restrict sexually oriented businesses from opening near a residential neighborhood. Town officials contend that the ordinance is a way to control the adult businesses that have popped up in recent years.
The town had been sued by VIP, an adult novelty store, that already does business in Manchester, Hartford and Orange.
ATLANTA — Hamilton Jordan, a political strategist from south Georgia who helped propel Jimmy Carter to the White House and served as his chief of staff, has died after a long battle with cancer. He was 63.
Mr. Jordan’s battle with cancer began 22 years ago, when he was diagnosed with lymphoma, followed by bouts with melanoma and prostate cancer.
The Carter Center in Atlanta announced that a memorial service would be held there Friday.
Class canceled after vandalism
NORMAL — Classes were canceled Monday at University High School after vandals peppered the interior of the building with paint balls.
The green and gold splotches damaged lockers, walls, doors and water fountains. Officials decided to call off classes because the greasy paint made floors slippery.
By Tammy Bruce
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again