TWT FIVE - MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND TV PICKS
1. Indianapolis 500 (Sunday, Chs. 7, 2). IMS has been Danica Patrick’s best track since she emerged on the scene. She starts in Row 2, but Dan Wheldon will win his second 500.
2. Stanley Cup Finals (Saturday and Monday, Versus). The Pittsburgh-Detroit matchup is intriguing on a lot of levels. Penguins in six games.
3. Coca Cola 600 (Sunday, Chs. 5, 45). The 600-miler is the longest on the Sprint Cup circuit, testing every driver and every piece of equipment. Dale Earnhardt Jr. will break his winless streak.
4. Brewers-Nationals (Friday-Monday). Heading into a West Coast trip — including a series at Arizona — the Nationals need to have a good weekend. The teams will split the four games.
5. NBA conference finals. Spurs-Lakers/Pistons-Celtics. Don’t care enough to make a prediction. The games are completely boring.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
The president's men trash the Constitution to pursue antagonists
Independent voices from the TWT Communities
First over-the-counter column approved for fast and effective relief from even your worst media-induced headache.
Opinion, analysis, and musings on politics, pop culture, reinvention, and the resultant flotsam and jetsam floating around the right-of-center quadrant of the Left Coast.
Consummate traveler Todd DeFeo explores the unique stories that make destinations worth going to.
We welcome you to the intimate and personal thoughts on the news and events we, as editors, watch, read, and discuss with our writers every day.
Benghazi: The anatomy of a scandal
Vietnam Memorial adds four names
Cinco de Mayo on the Mall
NRA kicks off annual convention