- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Dick Heller: Waiting still part of game
Question of the Day
Yet there is still reason for die-hard types to pay attention to the Nats. Every time a tough chance rockets his way, Zimmerman is a threat to make people forget about Brooks Whatshisname. Wily Mo Pena could hit a ball as far as Dumfries, provided he hits it at all. Jesus Flores resembles an All-Star catcher in waiting. John Lannan and Jason Bergmann have been spectacular at times on the mound.
And, oh yes, we can all soak in the expensive splendor of Nationals Park, even if you can’t see the Capitol from most seats.
For the time being, then, we’ll have to take our baseball pleasure in small doses while we wait, again, for a Washington team to enrapture us en masse. And let’s always remember the biggest truth of all: Mediocre baseball, no matter how aggravating, is better than no baseball.
About the Author
- HELLER: Peering into a cracked crystal ball
- HELLER: Jack Pardee a class act during his days in D.C.
- HELLER: Stability is why ACC basketball became a power
- HELLER: Instead of swinging, Eddie Yost just walked away
- HELLER: Not to worry, Nationals' rise is just starting
Latest Blog Entries
By Michael P. Orsi
- Calling prison term disparities unfair, Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- Outrage over Phil Robertson suspension, 'malignant' political correctness
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Paul Rondeau exposes the propaganda, media tricks, and government policies that undermine our families, faith, freedom…and even life itself
Implement these actionable tips, how-to’s and best practices in 10 minutes or less to leverage online communications and technology for brand, business and career development.
The world impacts us. What happens in our towns, cities, states, country and on this planet makes a difference to us.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow