- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
The local scene
Last year: 16-14 (9-5 Patriot League)
Coach: Billy Lange, fifth year, 50-66
Returning starters: G Chris Harris, F Kaleo Kina, F Romeo Garcia, C Mark Veazey
Top player: Kina, who has started since the day he stepped on campus in Annapolis, enters his senior year looking to improve on a historical junior campaign. The 6-4 swingman became just the second Navy player to amass 400 points, 100 rebounds and 100 assists in one season during 2007.
Outlook: The good news? Navy welcomes back four starters from a team that recorded the program’s first winning season in seven years and finished second in the Patriot League in 2007. The bad news? The one graduate is honorable mention All-American Greg Sprink, who left Navy last spring third in program history in points. Kina and Harris should benefit from the addition of point guard O.J. Avworo, who spent last season on the bench after transferring from the University of Idaho. A stellar showing in December’s BB&T Classic would be another momentous accomplishment for Lange, the 2007-08 Patriot League coach of the year.
About the Author
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Craigslist killers: Police say newlyweds stabbed man for thrills
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: I do
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
A stat-head’s outlook, direct from his worn in couch cushion.
Classical music and the performing arts: news and reviews you can use.
Covering the world of soccer, including the World Cup, Major League Soccer, D.C. United and the English Premier League and other interesting sporting events.
White House pets gone wild!