- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Exclusive: McCain interview on Straight Talk Air
Question of the Day
ABOARD STRAIGHT TALK AIR — Sen. John McCain on Wednesday said the Democratic presidential campaign has made clear that the world would be a more dangerous place if Sen. Barack Obama is elected, citing comments made by the Democratic vice presidential candidate, Sen. Joseph R. Biden Jr.
In an exclusive interview with The Washington Times, Mr. McCain called Mr. Biden’s claim that hostile powers would immediately test an Obama administration “the most remarkable comment I have ever seen in presidential politics.”
“We live in a dangerous world, and Senator Obama’s running mate has just assured Americans it’ll be a heck of a lot more dangerous if you elect him president,” Mr. McCain said en route from New Hampshire to Ohio.
“Now he is saying … if we elected Senator Obama as president of the United States, we are going to have an international crisis in these very dangerous times with the economy in the tank,” Mr. McCain said.
On Sunday, Mr. Biden predicted at a fundraiser that terrorists or nations at odds with the United States will test Mr. Obama if he´s elected president. He said he could envision four or five scenarios that might included the Middle East and Russia.
“Mark my words. It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We´re about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America,” Mr. Biden said. “Remember, I said it standing here, if you don´t remember anything else I said. Watch, we´re going to have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy.”
Mr. Biden added that Mr. Obama would have “some really tough” decisions when that occurs, adding emphatically, “As a student of history and having served with seven presidents, I guarantee you it´s going to happen.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Stephen Dinan can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
- Senate approves money for Israel's Iron Dome defense
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- McConnell to Obama: Quit fundraising, start leading on border
- Harry Reid threatens to cancel weekends
Latest Blog Entries
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
- HUSAIN: Worlds grand ayatollahs rally behind Sistani
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors