- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
House leader calls Democrats pacifists, hawkish Jews
Mr. Lantos, he said, “wasn’t just pro-Israel. … Tom was anti-communist.”
And then he went on.
“Their support for Israel … also tends to make them more hawkish on foreign affairs than the vast majority of their Democratic colleagues,” he said. “A large part of the Jewish Democrats tend to be more hawkish in terms of representing the interests of the United States in dealing with terrorism than do the progressive caucus of the Democratic Party.”
He contrasted his own love of labels with other lawmakers who display an inordinate fear of the word “communist.”
“I sit with people in the United States Congress that have told me to use the phrase ‘communist China’ is offensive and ridiculous and no longer appropriate. I then point out to these people that they call themselves communists.”
About the Author
- VIDEO: Emily Miller on Fox Business "The Independents" special "The Gun Show"
- EDITORIAL: Lawyers encouraging pursuit of jackpot justice
- EDITORIAL: Restaurants' Obamacare surcharge tough to swallow
- EDITORIAL: As jobs vanish, Obama wants more of same
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Public education would wither in free market
Latest Blog Entries
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
- Italy outraged over U.S. gun dealer's 'David' ad
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared?
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again