- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Candidates attack political associations
Question of the Day
Mr. McCain has refrained though from using one potentially explosive Obama associate - the Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr.
Mr. Obama’s longtime pastor had been the center of controversy earlier this year during the Democratic primaries when videos surfaced of his calling on God to smite the U.S. and claiming that the government invented AIDS as a weapon to use against racial minorities. A series of flaps eventually forced Mr. Obama to resign his membership at Trinity United Church of Christ.
Despite repeated calls from conservatives outside the campaign, the McCain team has stayed away from tying Mr. Wright to the candidate, with top adviser Charlie Black saying: “Senator McCain has said in the past that he would not talk about Pastor Wright.”
About the Author
Steven A Miller
- Boehner says impeachment talk is Democratic fundraising ploy
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
Latest Blog Entries
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Inside the Beltway: Immigration rage festers on all sides
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Hillary Clinton: I was indeed 'dead broke,' but shouldn't have said so
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world