- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
Nationals enter offseason of change
Question of the Day
Bowden said the organization would consider retaining some of the fired coaches in other capacities. Corrales could fall into that category if the 67-year-old decides to continue working in the sport.
“I think they’ve got a fine young manager in Manny Acta, and this organization is geared right now, I understand, to deal with the kids,” he said. “If they go that way, it’s a good direction.”
Bowden wouldn’t put a timetable on his search for a new staff, saying only that “we’re committed to hiring the very best coaches in the game.”
But as the final outs were being recorded in a 2008 season everyone in Washington would rather forget, it was obvious the organization’s focus already has shifted toward the future.
There are a lot of changes that we need to make to get to where we want to get to,” Bowden said. “We’re going to start on 2009 tomorrow morning.”
About the Author
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Proving A Point: Redskins' Bacarri Rambo vows to make impact in second year
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world