- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
K. Campbell rejects offer, won’t return
Question of the Day
Backup linebacker Khary Campbell said Wednesday he won’t return for a fifth season with the Washington Redskins after he rejected a minimum-salary deal.
Campbell said he’s negotiating with other teams but added it’s not just about the money. The Redskins’ top special teams tackler the past three years said he feels disrespected.
“That wasn’t something I was going to accept,” the 30-year-old said. “And they drafted two linebackers. They did what they had to do, and I’m going to do what I have to do.”
Guard Pete Kendall, who turns 36 in July, also remains unsigned. He lost his starting job in Washington when the Redskins signed Derrick Dockery.
Offensive lineman Jason Fabini, reserve safety Mike Green, and little-used defensive lineman Ryan Boschetti are the other 2008 Redskins players whose contracts expired and are still out of the league.
Offensive lineman Justin Geisinger, meanwhile, signed Tuesday with the Carolina Panthers. He was active for eight games last year and appeared in four with the Redskins.
Smoot not worried
On Sunday, third-round draft choice Kevin Barnes said fellow cornerback Fred Smoot was “getting a little bit older.” Smoot, 30, responded to Barnes on Wednesday.
“They come in like that until they go to three days of [minicamp], and [then] they humble,” Smoot said. “It don’t bother me. I’m going to take him through some things. I haven’t seen the guy. I don’t even know his name, and I love football, so that tells you [something]. I know who’s going to get drafted where. I didn’t know the kid.”
Glenn admits he lied
Fifth-rounder Cody Glenn told the Associated Press he lied to D.C. reporters Sunday when he said Nebraska coach Bo Pelini suspended him for the final three games of his senior year for selling tickets. Nebraska athletic department officials said Monday they had no knowledge of such an NCAA violation.
“It was me being dumb, just trying to have people leave me alone,” said Glenn, who’s an outside linebacker candidate with the Redskins.
Neither Glenn nor Pelini would say why he was suspended.
About the Author
- For Chargers' Turner, there's no turning back
- Ailing Heyer hanging 'tough' for Redskins
- Redskins' Williams out for season finale
- NFL Rewind
- Redskins Grades
Latest Blog Entries
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Pentagon running out of time to find mass of missing weapons in Afghanistan
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring 'God's Rescue Squad'
- WEST: Those who would rather join the jihadi army than their own nation's army
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq