- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Now an option to fail?
Question of the Day
This week, a USA Today/Gallup poll reported that 57 percent of those surveyed said the administration’s $787 billion spending stimulus plan was either having no effect on the economy or was making things worse. Sixty percent voiced doubts it would have any impact next year or beyond.
Nearly seven months into Mr. Obama’s presidency, the wheels seem to be coming off its agenda. The energy-tax plan is stalled in the Senate. Health care has turned into a Democratic battleground. Public confidence in Mr. Obama’s economic stimulus plan is evaporating.
The common denominators in each of these initiatives is more spending, deeper debt and increased taxes. At a time when the American people are tightening their belts, Fat City is getting fatter than ever.
Donald Lambro is chief political correspondent of The Washington Times.
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- New York Times reporter Carol Vogel accused of plagiarism
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- ISIL destroys key bridge leading to Baghdad; suicide truck bomb severed supply line